Our Foster Carers are key members of our professional team here at Xcel. You will be provided with professional support from our qualified Social Workers and our Children’s Services Team who will work actively with you, the child’s social worker and other professionals involved.
You will be supported by an allocated Xcel 2000 supervising social worker who will visit and telephone you regularly and attend meetings with you whenever needed.
This professional support extends beyond office hours into our ‘out of hours’ service which offers support in emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. In addition, specialist professionals such as therapists and our medical advisor will be available to discuss any matters relating to the children in your care.
Xcel 2000 also offers its carers the following:
- Regular Foster carer support group where you can discuss issues and share problems with other foster carers
- 'All Risks’ and Public Liability insurance cover
- Automatic enrolment with the Fostering Network, enabling you to take advantage of their legal costs insurance and telephone information support services
- Regular Xcel newsletters for the young people and updates for carers
- Support from our Children's Services Team and Placement Officer in respect of Children's Educational needs
- An excellent allowance in recognition of Foster Carers hard work and on-going commitment to the young people in their care.
- 21 days respite, to attend weddings, mini breaks or just rest and refresh.
- Max cards, to provide discounts to a number of attractions and events across the UK.
- A framed tree print – for children to mark as they come into the house, to show how many lives have been touched and that they are a part of the family.
A number of social events take place throughout the year, organised by Xcel 2000 and by the Foster Carers social committee, including mini breaks, barbeques, day trips, parties, craft days and wine and wisdom nights. This enables foster families, children and adults, to get to know each other and provides another level of support to carers. Our Foster Carer ambassadors in each area are also on hand or at the end of a phone to call with any questions or if you are ever in need of a listening ear!
For more information please contact a member of our team who will be happy to assist you. You can either call us directly on: 0845 094 5651 or complete our contact form below. We looking forward to hearing from you!