When you foster for Xcel 2000, you are provided with professional support from our qualified Social Workers and our Children’s Services Team who will work actively with you, the child’s social worker and other professionals involved. You will be supported by an allocated Xcel 2000 supervising social worker who will visit and telephone you regularly and attend meetings with you.
This professional support extends beyond office hours into our ‘out of hours’ service which offers support in emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. In addition, specialist professionals such as therapists and our medical advisor will be available to discuss any matters relating to the children in your care.
Xcel 2000 also offers its carers the following:
- Foster carer support group where you can discuss issues and share problems with other foster carers
- Respite to give you the opportunity to rest and refresh yourself
- 'All Risks’ and Public Liability insurance cover
- Automatic enrolment with the Fostering Network, enabling you to take advantage of their legal costs insurance and telephone information support services
- Social events
- Regular Xcel newsletters for the young people and updates for carers
- Support from our Children's Services and Placement Officer in respect of Children's Education
For more information please contact a member of our team who will be happy to assist you. You can either call us directly on: 0845 094 5651 or complete our contact form below. We looking forward to hearing from you!