Matching and referrals
Referring a Child
Xcel 2000 has a dedicated team to receive and process referrals.
- We ensure a swift response to all referrals – we aim for a 15 minute initial response.
- We have a careful matching procedure to ensure appropriate placement of young people
- Our placements team liaises with both supervising social workers and local authority social workers of any other young person in placement
- As part of the matching process our Registered Manager approves all matches. We maintain a close liaison with the referrer to enable smooth progression of the referral and placement
- Form F’s, annual reviews and confirmation of relevant checks are available immediately to referring local authorities
Our Placements Team know each of our carers and their circumstances well, so that they can react quickly to a request. They know which young people are currently being looked after by all of our families and can therefore, alongside our Social Work team, make an informed decision quickly with regard to the suitability of a referred young person.
Xcel 2000 endeavours to match young people culturally, regionally and ethnically. We have placements available where there are no other people in the household, single carers, female and male only households, families with no younger children etc.
Safe caring is high on our agenda. Our carers are given choice as to whether they feel able to meet a young person’s needs. We will offer advice but the ultimate decision whether to accept a young person is that of the carer.
Carers are given as much information about a young person as possible in order that they can have an informed decision. Introductory meetings are also arranged when this is appropriate.
Referrals can be made by emailing us or by calling us on 01795 470222.