What We Ask From Our Carers
We pride ourselves at delivering unrivalled support and training for every one of our carers and do all we can to help you become an outstanding foster carer. Many people who think about fostering have doubts as to whether they will be suitable or if they can apply. Children come from a wide variety of families and backgrounds and we need carers who come from all walks of life.
The most important thing is for foster carers to be able to provide stable, consistent, sensitive care for children and young people. You also need to have a spare bedroom and space in your life to care for a child.
So whether you are married, single, male or female, renting or homeowner we would encourage you to apply. You will receive a warm welcome and might be surprised to hear that what you thought about fostering may not be the case at all.
We ask our carers:
- To provide high quality care for foster children including giving them the same opportunities as you would your own children
- That you have enthusiasm, commitment and the ability to work as part of a team
- That you are able to offer at least one spare bedroom
- That you are in good health (a medical is required)
- That one carer be available for the fostering task
- That you are prepared to attend training sessions and support group meetings
If you are interested in becoming a foster carer with Xcel 2000 or would like more information, then please get in contact with a member of our team who will be happy to assist you.
You can either contact us via phone on: 0845 094 5651 or comple the contact form below. We looking forward to hearing from you!