RECRUITING: Supervising Social Worker London
ROLE: Supervising Social Worker (possible Senior role)
SALARY: 32,000 – 38,500 plus benefits (depending on experience)
REGION: Mainly South London (some homebased working optional)
HOURS: 35 hours per week (full time)
Xcel 2000 Fostercare Services Ltd is currently recruiting for an additional Supervising Social Worker to join our team.
You will be joining a stable established Independent Fostering Service and a dedicated team of professionals who put children at the centre of all we do. Rated ‘Good’ across all areas at our May 2017 Ofsted inspection, we pride ourselves in excellent staff supervision and support, with opportunities for continuing professional development.
The successful applicant will be disciplined about managing their own caseload, they will have the benefits of working flexibly between home and an office space, they will use supervision and development opportunities to good effect and enjoy attending the Kent head office at least 3 times a month. Any applicant must have experience of fostering, or another supervisory role within children’s services, at least three years post qualified, unless had significant experience within fostering pre-qualifying, experience using the Charms database is desirable.
The main role of this post is to supervise and support a protected caseload of foster carers. This includes working closely with children and young people’s social workers and other key agencies to ensure the care plans for looked after children are being effectively met and maintained, and that children are achieving their full potential whilst in our care and beyond. In addition to this the role includes a variety of other tasks including:
- Providing reports to the agency’s Reviewing Officer for the purpose of undertaking foster carers annual reviews, ensuring they take place within timescales
- Contribute to outcome based care planning and individual safeguarding plans for all looked after children in our care
- Co-ordinating and facilitating supervision support groups for foster carers
- An opportunity to become a ‘Champion’ in a specific safeguarding area, whereby you will develop a specialism in an area such as CSE, Self-Harm, Gang Culture, Children who go Missing or Radicalisation
- Key role in recruitment, assessment and development of foster carers
- Work in liaison with all colleagues to achieve a high standard of service, looking to continually improve and develop enhanced standards to meet and exceed all Ofsted requirements
- A social work qualification (MA or BA in Social Work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent recognised social work qualification) and at least 2 years post qualifying experience
- Evidence of continual professional development, post qualifying (practice teacher award or similar for senior role)
- Registration with the HCPC
- Post qualified experience working within Fostering, Adoption or Children’s Services
Working knowledge of:
- Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011 (2013 amendments), National Minimum Standards for Fostering Services,The Foster Carer’s Charter, Care Planning, Placement and Case Review Regulations 2010
- Working Together 2015
- Skills to foster training experience (and completed train the trainer or willingness to do so)
- Flexibility and personal commitment to high professional standards
- Participation in the agency’s Out of Hours service is also a requirement of this role (approx. one in six weeks)
- Car driver is essential
- Ability to use own initiative and be a supportive and effective member of the team
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Clear analytical and reflective report writing skills
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet agreed deadlines
- Professional manner, enthusiastic approach and well-presented, self-motivated
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding procedures
- An understanding of data protection and a commitment to confidentiality
- Commitment to equality of opportunity for all
- Fully IT competent
Xcel 2000 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, employment background checks, references and verification of right to work in the UK. Xcel 2000 is an equal opportunities employer.
Interviews are taking place immediately, please submit your interest and attach your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, quoting WEBAPP. Please feel free to call Lin on 07764337240 for further information. NO AGENCIES.